CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Cheesy Meatballs with Spaghetti

This recipe is to die for !!!! The first time I made this was for my habibi. His comment: "the best spaghetti he ever had... kalah canopy/capers!!!! (i dont remember which one yang ia sabut)" hehehe.... I got this from one of my fav recipe links.... :) so give it a try lah~

p/s: This is the original recipe that I got from the net but I ofcourse.. I made few adjustments when I cook this dish :)

Preparation time - 20 minutes; Cooking time - 30 minutes

Ingredients (serves 4)

  • 500 g lean beef mince
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1 cup grated tasty cheese (available only at SupaSave, cost about $9-ish/pkt)
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil (also available only at SupaSave)
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 570 g jar tomato, onion & basil chunky sauce (I recommend Hunt's canned flavoured and stewed tomatoes)
  • 400 g dried spaghetti
  • Basil leaves to serve
  • salt & pepper to taste


Method
  1. Combine mince meat, egg, cheese, onion and basil. Season and roll into balls
  2. Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Cook half the meatballs for 4-5 minutes. Remove and repeat.
  3. Return the meatballs to the pan and pour over the sauce. Cover, cook over a medium heat for 20 minutes until cooked through.
  4. Cook spaghetti in a large pan of boiling water, as per packet directions. Drain and place in bowl. Spoon over meatballs and sauce. Serve with basil leaves.

Notes: Adjustments that i made...
  • After step 2: I sauted chopped onions and garlic before returning the meatballs to the pan
  • Stir in a little bit of butter to the sauce
  • Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese for extra cheesy flavour :)

0 comments: